Tiny landscapes can be added to a gallery wall or stand alone in a special nook. Small art pieces from Poetic Pastries are easily at home on counters and dressers. Perfect punch without being overpowering!
Azure Blue Oil Landscape – Mini Print – This replica of original oil work from the studio is a miniature lithograph/reproduction scaled from our original canvas. This is not a vectored work and the pooling of oil paints are quite visible. Please enlarge to see texture and movement. The goal was to allow the same joy derived from a larger canvas to also be found in smaller reproductions at a fraction of the cost. Tiny landscapes can be added to a gallery wall or stand alone in a special nook. Small art pieces from Poetic Pastries are easily at home on counters and dressers. Perfect punch without being overpowering! Poetic Pastries Wall Art provides unique memorable art, illustrations and collages; allowing your gift/purchase to become a treasure. NOTE* Most of our artwork can be transferred from product to product; utilizing the Zazzle customization tools, however due to the finite nature of this work your options will be limited.
As Shown (but options are available)
Paper Type: Premium Canvas (Gloss)
Your walls are a reflection of your personality. So let them speak with your favorite quotes, art, or designs printed on our posters! Choose from up to 5 unique paper types and several sizes to create art that’s a perfect representation of you.
Thickness: 21.7 mil
Recommended for photography or fine art
Features special ink-receptive coating to protect printed surface from cracking when stretched
Made from an additive-free cotton-poly blend
Fade-resistant for 75 years
Love It Guarantee! We promise 100% satisfaction
Don’t love it? We’ll take it back!
We want you and your loved ones to love your creation. If you are not satisfied for any reason with any qualified* product you purchase (regardless of customization), you may return your purchase for a replacement, credit or refund within 30 days of receipt. read more
Inspiration creativity came from the John Clare poem entitled;
On a Lane in Spring
A Little Lane, the brook runs close beside
And spangles in the sunshine while the fish glide swiftly by
And hedges leafing with the green spring tide
From out their greenery the old birds fly
And chirp and whistle in the morning sun
The pilewort glitters ‘neath the pale blue sky
The little robin has its nest begun
And grass green linnets round the bushes fly
How Mild the Spring Comes in; the daisy buds
Lift up their golden blossoms to the sky
Christian Bible Verse wall art – entitled Spring into Faith – printed poster shown here. “Seek the Lord” stylized calligraphy waltzes about the spring breezes of pastel color flowers and the sweet harmony of feathered creation. This delightful design can be placed on a variety of sized posters (ready to add to your own frames or ordered framed through zazzle) 8×10 are as easy as 32×24! … Also available is the option to have the work on canvas, metal or wood. Check out the variety of choices for wall art sizing of Spring into Faith. <br> Zazzle also offers the ability to move this sweet design to a plethora of products. Should you have any issues in moving our creation to a product of your choosing … give us a shout through the Zazzle message service – the studio will be happy to assist.
Paper Type: Value Poster Paper (Matte) (you can choose glossy)
Your walls are a reflection of your personality, so let them speak with your favorite quotes, art, or designs printed on our custom Giclée posters! Choose from up to 5 unique, high quality paper types to meet your creative or business needs. All are great options that feature a smooth surface with vibrant full color printing. Using pigment-based inks (rather than dye-based inks), your photos and artwork will be printed at the highest resolution, preserving all their original detail and their full-color spectrum. Browse through standard or custom size posters and framing options to create art that’s a perfect representation of you.
Gallery quality Giclée prints
Ideal for vibrant artwork and photo reproduction
Matte finish with an acid-free smooth surface
Pigment-based inks for full-color spectrum high-resolution printing
45 lb., 7.5 point thick poster paper
Available in custom sizing up to 60”
Custom framing options available when poster is added to cart
Size: Standard, 5″ x 7″
Wishing everyone a season of gladness, a season of cheer, and to top it all off, a wonderful year. Holiday cards designed to brighten up the entire year.
Dimensions: 5″ x 7″ (portrait); 7″ x 5″ (landscape)
Full color CMYK print process
Double sided printing for no additional cost
Paper Type: Matte
A classic, all around paper with a natural feel and an uncoated matte finish; our Standard Matte stands the test of time. Elegant and understated, colors print softer and more subtle.
17.5 pt thickness / 120 lb weight / 324 GSM
Light white, uncoated matte finish with an eggshell texture
Paper is easy to write on and won’t smudge
Made and printed in the USA
Folded Holiday Cards
funny cards, love cards, makeup cards, romance, romantic valentine, valentines day card, heartbeat
funny cards, love cards, makeup cards, love card, romance, romantic valentine valentines day card, heartbeat
Product ID: 137652005225006622
Created on: 7/30/2012, 3:52 PM
Rating: G Report this design
Invitations & Stationery, Greeting Cards, Holiday & Seasonal Cards, Valentine’s Day Cards
About This Design
Romantic Card With Heart Beat Valentine’s
Romantic card by Muse of Poetic Pastries, showing a heart monitor’s display “with and without” the love of ones life.
At its core, illustrations are the result of making an image; but, the wonderful swirling whimsy, which floats about that nucleus, is a multi layered striation of wonderment.
Fairy-tale abandonment, worlds without gravity, innocent human hearts and heaven’s creations romping within technicolor forests – pristine aqua blue oceans, home to serendipitous mermaids and all manner of sweetly surreal aquatic friends. Illustrations are tales told and read, with the eyes.
“Art is creating inside the viewport while thinking outside the box.” Muse
Tools for illustration include a variety of pencils (graphite and colored) – all waiting to kiss the parchment. Pens and markers. especially Copic utensils, are on call too. Original illustrations are sold at craft fairs, auction or online. Before they depart the studio, we always assure we have generated digital reproductions. Commissions for Poetic Pastries illustrations have overwhelmingly been for children’s books. A venue that promotes a happy heart!
Kaleidoscopic interpretations of events real and make believe; illustrations resound from the caves of primitive man, whisper to us from the pyramids, echo from ancient scrolls and chant the tunes of primitive native peoples across the land. What could never be understood upon first meeting, through the spoken word – was tasked to the art of illustration. And our team appreciates that!
This genesis artform brings to mind thoughts of hand drawings, sketches and penned creations. With the computer age, these basic foundations of art styles can be enhanced with color, sizing and higher dpi for printing. When this art is rendered with computer assistance; the term digital illustration is quoted. At Poetic Pastries Studio, artwork begins with sketches. Notebook upon notebook are stacked high with Muse’s visions. Ah, there will never be enough time or enough canvas! (keyword ‘illustration’ to find mores samples in the studio’s creative journal)
Kawaii Fly High Airplane Monogram Tote
Kawaii airplane with your name! Looking for uniqueness and creativity … Each artistic item from Poetic Pastries is sure to provoke emotion ~ the unique illustrations, paintings and collages allow your gift/purchase to become a treasure. This design sold exclusively at Poetic Pastries – Zazzle Shop. Artwork can be transferred from product to product; utilizing the Zazzle customization tools, you may need to adjust the sizing according to each item’s requirements. Should you have any problems, feel free to message Poetic Pastries Studio.
Style: All-Over-Print Tote Bag, Large
The classic tote with a modern twist: all-over-print allows for 100% customization, bringing the basic tote to the next level. Your next shopping trip just got a little more earth-friendly and a lot more stylish!
Dimensions: 18″l x 18″w; Strap: 28″l
Exterior: 100% sturdy brushed polyester
Interior: 100% polyester nonwoven laminate
100% cotton web handles
Printed then sewn for edge-to-edge designs
Black laminated lining for extra support
Spot or dry clean only
Made in the USA
1) The Special Day – everything, yes everything hinges on “The Day”. If you select a spring wedding, allow for rain; summer’s contenders may be oppressive heat, autumn dates are subject to blustery billows of mayhem and winter weddings can become frozen nuptial popsicles. ~~~ Date selections can be based on romantic “first met moments” or practical options, such as planning around work. ~~~ Talk openly and honestly with your partner and wedding planning participants. Brainstorm resolutions for any possible contentions your selected date may bring. If your budget allows for heated tents in a snow covered forest; then go ahead with that dream winter wedding.
2) Get to Know Your Vendors – As weddings become increasingly more detailed, the introduction of wedding planners has risen to the ranks as a must have. Planners should be interviewed by you and you should feel completely comfortable with their persona, methodologies and styles. As with ‘project managers’ in construction, a good wedding planner will be your go to person for almost everything. Keep in mind, a great wedding planner will give you the opportunity to meet with each vendor providing services on your special day. The choice to meet them is yours, but you should be encouraged to do so.
Your instincts play a pivotal role in these meetings. Do you feel you are being treated with respect? How is the communication and rapport between your wedding planner, yourself and the vendor? Did they come to the meeting prepared? Did they take superfluous phone calls in your presence? ~~~ As the process progresses, you want to know that Joe’s Linens is going to be committed to delivering the crisp white linens you chose rather than Pereolli’s Eatery fire red tablecloths and napkins (don’t ask!!)
3) Speaking of Color – Weddings instantly evoke imagery; imagery filled with our personal color preferences. Determining the palette for your special day should include several factors. ~~~ What are the surrounding natural colors of your venue? Keep in mind fixed items like flooring, wall color etc. Are you striving to compliment or contrast? How well does the preferred color wave look in the venue’s lighting? Take into account the size, shape and layout of your venue. ~~~ If you and your beloved can decide wholeheartedly on one thing, such as flower COLOR, wedding invitation COLOR, bridal party COLOR, linen COLOR, etc then let that selection be your building block; the foundation for each item after – by doing so, the overwhelming options which present themselves will instantly be narrowed; allowing you to be stress free.
4) Venue – the origin of the word comes from the late 16th century (denoting a thrust or bout in fencing; also in the Law sense): from Old French, literally ‘a coming’, feminine past participle of venir ‘come’ from Latin venire. Oh my! (another blog post in it’s own right!) Basically a venue is your chosen spot/facility/house or barn/field/boat (or planet, perhaps, one day) where you have decided to hold your wedding day.
Getting the right ‘vibe’ or ‘feel’ is largely relies on your venue. A disco themed costume wedding, filled with ’80’s music and glittering dance balls probably will not embrace an ancient cathedral. Be aware of contrasting and complimentary options. Certain interplay of styles can be carried off marvelously; such as farmhouse glam. ~~~ Style dichotomy aside; be practical and assure the number of guests attending can be comfortably accommodated. Give thought to accessibility; for your vendors and deliveries, also.
5) Makeup, Hair, Shoes, Dress, Jewels – Bride, know thy self. Leave the fairytale Cinderella styles at the castle gate if you are a bohemian farm girl. In turn, do not acquiesce to the vestiges modern haute couture if you pine for billows of lace and tulle. Trends are meant to inspire; they should never become mandates. From your hairstyle to your choices in footwear; make sure you are comfortable! When you look in the mirror, do you see someone else? If so, you are on the wrong fashion path. You should be seeing the best vision of YOU. Sizing, sizing, sizing – let that repeat in your head like ‘Marcia, Marcia, Marcia’! Fashion designers around the world agree; no matter the measurements of a woman, a properly fitted garment can make her look stunning.
Shoes, (ok, Poetic Pastries could write an entire blog on shoes – but I digress …) Challenge yourself to wear those 3 inch heels at home for as long as your wedding day event(s) will actually be. If you can’t stand the atmospheric pressure, it may be wise to opt for something more comfortable. Changing your shoes, regardless of whether or not you change into a reception outfit is perfectly acceptable.
Makeup is not synonymous with being made-up. The individual who ‘styles’ you on your blessed day, should allow the glow of your happiness to radiate without masking. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” said Coco Chanel. For makeup to be effective it must be adeptly applied. Makeup should echo your quirks, it should camouflage only when absolutely necessary and always flatter. Experiment with makeup and hairstyles long before the wedding day, this is not the time for surprises. Narrow down your choices even further when your wedding gown is chosen. Best practices are to literally dress the part from top to bottom. You can get pre-wedding photographs taken or simply check mirrors (360 and magnification). Be the best of you – and smile! ~~~ Jewels ~ if you love them, go for it; but remember you aren’t playing the role of a glitter bomb. Tasteful bits of sparkle and bling should add to the radiance illuminating your face. Anything more will distract from the total package of bridal wow-ness you have strived to achieve.
6) Flowers – My dear friend is a florist by trade. Her floral masterpieces are SWOON worthy. She states, regrettably, brides to be, often put off the florist as the last vendor. The problems and costs this creates can be reduced, if the wedding flower selection begins early. It goes without saying, if you show up a week before your wedding on Valentine’s day and want your local florist to deliver dozens upon dozens of roses … you will be competing with men everywhere! (we hope, anyway lol) But, if in the fall the previous year, you made arrangements to have these flowers, your florist would happily amend their ordering quantity; allowing both you and Mr Abernathy to bask in the sweet aroma of blooming roses.
Another professional tip; florists delight in seeing brides bring inspiration with them; if you have selected anything at this point, i.e. color palette, invitations, dresses etc – bring them. More and more brides are saving ‘pins’ and creating Pinterest boards. It is perfectly acceptable to share these ideas with your florist (this recommendation applies to every vendor).
7) Papier, Ephemera, Invitations – Modern times have incorporated a plethora of stationery designed specifically for weddings and surrounding events (engagement announcements, wedding planners, save-the-date cards, wedding invitations, rsvp cards, table numbers, placeholders – nametags for seating, bulletins, memory cards, guest books, thank you cards; are but a few). These paper gems should reflect the essence of your wedding day style. Our wedding invitations and other event papier are thoughtfully designed; couples can be be confident each Poetic Pastries Studio selection they make, represents their personality, from fonts to form … colors to collections; your wedding, your way!
8) Music and Seating – If you aren’t going to be happy with Pereolli’s linens, daresay their choice in heritage Italian bands is not going to meet the needs of your Gaelic inspired festivities. Know your niche, talk to the musical group’s representative. Listen to them play your chosen instrumentals or hear them sing your special event songs; BEFORE the wedding. Wrong song, wrong name, crooned to the wrong person. Don’t let your wedding day be hit with the blues of a bumpy note.
Now, that you have corralled the tunes; let’s take a moment to talk about guest seating. Not every family has a Hatfield and McCoy scenario, but there may be a cousin or sibling who has issues with another; or perhaps a divided/separated/divorced set of guests will be attending. Keep apprised as much as possible to the underlying facets of your family’s relationships. Nuance the seating for all aspects of the event, shower parties, rehearsal(s), the wedding day and the reception. During these activities, play your role as the gracious hostess bride; by visiting with your guests, moving about, outwardly carefree, you will be able keep your eyes and ears open – should anything be simmering on the surface; you now have created the opportunity to squelch it – asap.
9) Be Honest – Relay to your wedding planner or/and any vendor(s) your honest assessment/opinion/capability/willingness regarding budget. The detrimental impact of over spending on a wedding can last for months (if not longer); it can cause a rift between the newly wed couple or tension within families. No bride and groom want to return from their honeymoon with a stack of bills; a fiscally mis-managed wedding is not a good start. Comprise and frugality are not four letter words.
10) Say No – With your joyful day being the buzz, endless well wishers will be offering tips, (like Poetic Pastries Studio)! Our goal, (including your beloved dear old Uncle Ed’s) is to share, what we believe, is helpful information. Dispensed in the hopes you can create the wedding of your dreams. But, Uncle Ed’s idea of having bbq whilst you are adorned in your ivory ensemble, may not be to your liking. Ever so graciously ‘thank” each person who has made your upcoming day the hot topic; listen to them in all earnest. Savor the caring. Choose those insights which your stir soul. For those that are less than appetizing; you need not indulge.
11) Thank You – The tide subsides; the wedding day will have come and gone. You and your beloved are now looking at wedding photos; placing heartfelt gifts throughout your new abode. The wedding clock rings the hour of ‘gratitude’. Take this precious moment and write a thank you to Uncle Ed. “Dear Uncle Ed, thank you for being a part of our special day! We also wanted to tell you how much we appreciated your wedding bbq idea. You will be pleased to know that our first dinner party will be a bbq; inspired by you!” …. Poetic Pastries Studio believes kindness is a gift that costs nothing but one which lingers a lifetime. Ponder these words written in 1876 by English Professor Westlake “Take pains; write as plainly and neatly as possible; rapidly if you can, slowly if you must. Good writing affects us sympathetically, giving us a higher appreciation both of what is written and of the person who wrote it. Don’t say, ‘I haven’t time to be so particular’ Take time or else write fewer letters and shorter ones.” Thank you cards act as a sweetener to the souls of both the sender and the recipient. We believe that etiquette should be a must; never an after thought.
Subscribe to Poetic Pastries; future tips for Wedding Day Success will continue.
pine needles that
twist and shimmer
disembodied lover’s figures
encased in stones of snow
statuesque vertical branches
imprisoned within a realm of glacial marrow
This is my white chalk on blue stock portrait. Voids were created through gum eraser as well q-tips. Wd-40 was used to assist in “moving” the chalk in order to create the glacier effect surrounding the maiden’s body – hope you like her!