Opening with some poetry … as we completed our Sweet Little Girl – modern pink design …
The Growth of Love
by Robert Seymour Bridges
“They that in play can do the thing they would,
Having an instinct throned in reason’s place,
–And every perfect action hath the grace
Of indolence or thoughtless hardihood–
These are the best: yet be there workmen good
Who lose in earnestness control of face,
Or reckon means, and rapt in effort base
Reach to their end by steps well understood.
Me whom thou sawest of late strive with the pains
Of one who spends his strength to rule his nerve,
–Even as a painter breathlessly who stains
His scarcely moving hand lest it should swerve–
Behold me, now that I have cast my chains,
Master of the art which for thy sake I serve.”
Showing in Media: Premium Satin Photo Paper
Enlarging a photo – without compromising on quality or resolution – is a difficult balancing act. But with this Photo Enlargement and our HP Premium Instant-Dry Satin Photo Paper, you’ll be able to achieve magnified, hi-res images, and in an assortment of different sizes. Used by professional photographers, this paper ensures deeper blacks, more vivid colors, and better gloss uniformity. Upload your photos now, and transform dated, undersized images into studio-quality prints!
Available in portrait, landscape, and square styles
Choose from almost 20 different size options, or input your own size
Paper weight of 260 g/m² per ISO 536
Paper thickness of 10.3 mil/260 microns per ISO 534
Special Notes from the Studio:
Sweet Little Girl – Pink – Wall Photo
Pretty pink and gold offers up a bright backdrop to the photo print wall art Sweet Little Girl. You don’t have to search for inspiration – it has found you. Enjoy this wall art featuring colors that are decidedly feminine – fonts that resonate and express your message clearly. A wonderful gift to give anytime of the year. Perfect for a baby nursery of girl’s room. Open to customization through edit tools, creative photo design is set to give a smile, anytime of the year. Budget friendly, can also be framed. Need help with this item, or transferring this design to other products, please message Poetic Pastries here at Zazzle and we will be happy to assist.
Baby & Kid
Nursery & Kids’ Room Décor
Art & Wall Décor
Posters & Prints
word art, quote, posters, quote, photo wall art, girl power, sweet little girl, hearts, pink, nursery wall art, baby wall art, trendy, nursery wall art
Yes, from wall art to a blanket and everything in between your sweet one can be in the PINK ,,, with style!
Vintage Christmas Icons of the Past Faux Canvas Print
* colorful illustration * iconic 50’s 60’s styling – old fashioned retro feel with some “coolness” * vintage vibe with gold, red, aqua, turquoise, green holiday images on midnight black background. * design easily resized to fit mugs to wrapping paper – banners to Christmas cards * shown displayed on wrapped canvas, perfect to hang or shelf decoration * need assistance? we are here to help
Size Ranges from 10 x 10 to 36 x 24 in wrapped canvas
(note this design can be placed on any product Wall Art to mugs)
The perfect accessory to any wall, faux wrapped canvas prints are an affordable alternative to traditional canvas wrap prints. Made from lightweight foam core, these economical prints are vibrant, durable, and easy to transport.
Dimensions: 10″ x 10″ x 2″
Material: 3/16″ white foam core
Super lightweight but resilient, these prints are perfect for easy hanging
The Bible teaches that we are to show kindness and consideration to one another. To send flowers on special occasions is a good way to express love and kindness to those who are special in our hearts. Practicing love and showing kindness are always a good thing.
Other than expressing love and kindness, flowers go a long way when it comes to apologies and special occasions, but for the most part, the best time to give her flowers is when there’s no occasion at all. When you buy her roses because you messed up, although the gesture is still wonderful, it’s evident that it’s a cry for forgiveness.
But if you buy her flowers just because you want her to know that you love her and think of her constantly, she’ll feel more attractive and appreciated like never before. The element of surprise (considering there really is no special occasion) will also add to her pleasant revelation.
Valentine: Valentine’s day is the day of love. Reach out to your loved ones with dazzling bouquets and vibrant flowers to make them feel special. Valentine’s day flowers is the perfect way to say ‘I love you’, when your relationship is new and fragile, and a great reason to return to polite, courteous behavior, if you have been together for a while. Moreover, it’s a good time for promises to maintain that romantic spirit throughout the year with a bouquet of beautiful Valentine’s Day flowers.
Roses are ranked first on the Valentine’s Day flower list. Roses of different colors have different meanings. Red roses are the Valentine’s Day favorite – they symbolize passionate desire. Pink roses signify sophistication and elegance. Yellow is the “friendship” color for roses. White roses mean purity and fidelity. And purple is associated with royalty. A bouquet of purple roses is an excellent choice of Valentine’s Day flowers, meant for the king/queen of your heart.
If you send Valentine’s Day flowers to a man, choose crisp colors ‘ red, orange, and yellow. For a romantic masculine feel consider a linear floral design. Men would also respond well to blooming plants. When Valentine’s Day is on a weekday, make his coworkers jealous with flowers delivered to his office.
Whatever Valentine’s Day flowers you picked, don’t forget to express your feelings with a note. Even a simple list of the reasons you love him/her for can be a touching gift and the words “I love you” will mean more than the most exquisite poetry.
Mother’s Day: The Romans welcomed the month of May by dedicating the month to Flora, the Roman flower goddess; and spent the first day of May gathering flowers as offerings to her. Flowers have been associated with Mother’s Day celebrations from the beginning. Even in the ancient world, the Mother Goddesses were celebrated with garlands of flowers. Anna Jarvis promoted carnations, the favorite flowers of her mother, as the official Mother’s Day flowers. “White carnations were chosen because they represented the sweetness, purity and endurance of mother love. Red carnations, in time, became the symbol of a living mother.” Today, bouquets of cut spring flowers are customary Mother’s Day gifts.
Anniversary: Roses of differing colors have different meanings. Red is for love and respect, light pink is grace and interestingly sends the message ‘Believe me,’ while dark pink is for thankfulness. Light purple roses are for love at first sight and signify the partner is still enchanted, orange means that the spouse is enthusiastic and spellbound by their partner. There are many other colors of roses with other meanings. A single rose in full bloom simply says, “I still love you.” There are also flowers for many of the in-between wedding anniversaries, and you can easily look them up. If you’re just trying to find the right flower for the first anniversary get your spouse some Pansies.
Birthday: Birthday flower delivery for a special person marks the occasion of another year on the planet with something that appeals to the senses of sight, smell, and sometimes touch that brightens the occasion. Giving a gift of flowers that a giver knows will please the recipient is a recognized “feel good” gesture, while being the receiver of the bouquet is equally delightful. When the celebrant is a child, we don’t often send birthday flowers, but instead choose a bouquet of balloons or even cookies shaped like flowers and resting on a stick painted to look like a stem. Floral gifts properly mark the birthdays of women and girls from puberty to old age. If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, the way to a woman’s heart is through her love for blossoms.
When a customer is looking outside of his community for a birthday flower delivery, it is important that he searches for an online florist with years of experience, recognized service, secure ordering, and satisfaction guaranteed. Both industry credentials and customer testimonials count, and any online awards they might have won should count as big pluses. Cost may be a consideration, and prices are usually posted by each picture of an arrangement on the website. Keep in mind that when there are two prices quoted for an arrangement, the smaller amount spent will always mean smaller number of blossoms as well, so inexpensive isn’t always the best way to go when someone wants to send birthday flowers.
Why flower gifts?: Ordering from a small-time brick and mortar florist listed in your neighborhood phone directory could result in a nasty surprise, when yellow roses arrive instead of the long-stemmed red roses or carnations are delivered and you are charged more than the cost agreed upon, worse still they may never be delivered. These scenarios do happen.
Why risk yourself in these situations? You could simply switch on your computer, browse through the Internet and place your order in any well-recognized online florist. The quickest way to deliver flowers to your family living in another city or to send a corporate to another country is to use online flower delivery as well. These online florists also offer a variety of products like floral gift baskets and hampers and other unique gifts for every occasion.
Many big companies have a network consisting of professional local florists worldwide. You can order online for same day or next day delivery. Flowers can also be sent over overseas with the international flower service that many of the big companies operate. These companies ensure you that the recipient will enjoy the beautiful fresh flowers and plants, secure ordering and guaranteed satisfaction. Finito
Free Internet advertising is sought after by most Internet marketers and one readily available source of free Internet advertising is the Internet forum. For Internet marketing novices, I’ll briefly explain how free Internet advertising is obtained from Internet forums.
Basically, Internet forums are message boards where members can exchange information, obtain advice or just chat. There are Internet forums to cater for every topic you would care to imagine (and a few you would probably prefer not to dwell on). The Internet marketer advertises his product simply by posting messages on the forums. There are some Internet forums that forbid the posting of advertisements but, on many of these forums, it is still possible to obtain free Internet advertising by use of a signature file. The signature file is a short piece of text which can contain a link to a website and which can be annexed to every posting a member makes on a forum message board.
If you have never tried forums as a source of free Internet advertising, you should bear in mind that there is an unwritten code of etiquette which need to be observed. The following are some of the unwritten rules which need to be followed if you intend to use forums for free Internet advertising for your business.
Read the Forum Rules
You need to read the rules of any Internet forum before you try to post a message there. I know this sounds obvious but it is clear that many forum users don’t bother to read the rules, despite the fact that the forum registration process inevitably includes a requirement for the applicant to check a box indicating that the forum rules have been read and will be adhered to. Don’t just sign up with the idea of getting as much free Internet advertising as possible from the forum. Many forums prohibit the posting of affiliate urls anywhere apart from in the members’ forum signature file. If you become a member of one of these forums without reading the rules and start posting your affiliate urls in messages, you will quickly find yourself labelled a “spammer”. In case you didn’t know, spammers are considered to be the lowest of the low on the Internet. If there was a virtual prison for Internet crime, Internet advertising spammers would have to be kept in solitary confinement for their own protection.
Lurk Before You Leap
Internet forum etiquette demands that you spend a little time “lurking” ie logging in at the forum and reading previous and current threads before you even think of starting to use the forum for free Internet advertising. Although lurking is not an official rule of Internet forums, it is largely accepted as an essential part of the unwritten code of behavior. The practice is very useful. Lurking will enable you to get the feel of how a forum works, you will be able to ascertain the tone of the messages, the type of subject matter which is welcomed and the level of expertise of other forum members. You might even find that a particular forum is not for you and this could save you the embarrassment of posting an inappropriate message on the forum.
Guest Author: Elaine Currie
You know that you are visiting the forum merely for the free Internet advertising for your website but it is better not to make this obvious if you want other members to react well to your advertising. Forums are rather like private clubs where members strike up friendships and make business deals. If you rush in waving your “FREE INTERNET ADVERTISING” placard you will not become popular, other members will consider you to be an abuser of their “club”. You will do much better if you quietly introduce yourself and keep the free Internet advertising down to a whisper in your signature file.
Remember Your Manners
How hard is it to say “thank you”? If you visit a forum and receive valuable advice which helps you in some way, take a moment to post a brief message of thanks to your advisor. If someone helped you out of a spot in the bricks and mortar world you would thank them. Remember that people who post on Internet forums are real too and they are under no obligation to help you. It is as easy to make a friend with a warm word as it is to create an enemy with a harsh word and you never know when you might meet these people again.
Help Whenever You Can
Help other people whenever you can. Even if you don’t have any specialist knowledge, you will find occasions when you can pass on good advice. If you received advice that took you to a solution, post a message to say how the advice helped and what steps you followed to sort things out, this will act as a signpost for other people who might find themselves in similar difficulties. Even though you joined the forum with the idea of using it merely as a form of free Internet advertising, make time to give something back. People will be more inclined to take an interest in your advertising if you become known as a helpful type. What goes around comes around and, in any event, the reputation of being a problem-solver is a bit of free Internet advertising in its own right.
The majority of Internet forums have moderators to ensure that members stick to the rules. The job of a forum moderator is to keep the content of the forum appropriate. Remember, it is not just a place where you can indulge in free Internet advertising, so keep your messages within the forum rules. Any graffiti posted by members will be cleaned up by the moderators so that the forum environment is preserved for all members to enjoy. If you wish to retain the respect of your fellow forum members, make sure your posts never need to be cleaned up, be your own moderator. As well as sticking to the forum rules on content, you should also keep your messages moderate in tone. The Chambers dictionary includes the following definitions of “moderate”: kept within measure or bounds; not excessive or extreme; temperate. If you avoid drama and pathos in your forum posting and keep your messages moderate, you will not attract “flamers” and you can quietly enjoy your free Internet advertising.
Ration Your Reading
Internet forums can be addictive. There is a serious danger that you might log in to a forum with the idea of posting a message or two in order to get your daily ration of free Internet advertising but, the next thing you know is that half an hour has passed by while you have been engrossed in reading. There is nothing inherently wrong with spending time reading posts made by other forum members, it’s free entertainment and that’s fine. The problem is that, if you are trying to run an Internet marketing business and you lose yourself on forums for half an hour every day, you will be wasting something like half a day during the course of each week for the sake of posting a couple of links back to your website. That is not an economical use of your time. In fact, if you account for the value of your time, you will find you are actually paying a high price for your free Internet advertising on forums. Finito
ADVERTISE, PROMOTE & MARKET – Like a PROVERBS Woman
Proverbs 31:30 > Let Girl Power Rock as you share your beliefs with this pretty #fashion4faith style! Easily move the design to any clothing style girl’s or women’s; simply adjust position and sizing …. Add a name using the customizing tool or leave blank… makes an excellent gift presentation; or keeping it for yourself works too!
This basic t-shirt features a relaxed fit for the female shape. Made from 100% cotton, this t-shirt is both durable and soft – a great combination if you’re looking for that casual wardrobe staple. Select a design from our marketplace or customize it and unleash your creativity!
Size & Fit
Model is 5’7” and is wearing a small
Fits true to size
Fabric & Care
Double-needle hemmed sleeves and bottom
Machine wash cold
Tired of trying to keep updated with the highest mega pixel resolution digital camera? Well even if one has tried to do that, most certainly he will soon find out that his few months old digital camera is outdated in terms of mega pixel resolution. It’s an ever changing kind of product that has become very hard to keep updated, unless one is willing to spend more money by making purchases every six to twelve months.
If the main intention of purchasing a photo camera is enlarging the image, then mega pixel resolution indeed will become the main factor. In this case one might consider a different option, which will keep his product updated for years to come. I’m talking about a used 4×5″ film photo camera, together with a high resolution flat bed film scanner. All of this for less than one thousand US dollars. With all of this, one will get over 100 mega pixels in fine detailed film resolution and fine scanned digital images that can be enlarged up to 30×40″ in size with professional quality. These 4×5″ film cameras have done a remarkable job in general personal and commercial photography such as wedding, portraiture, product, documentary, advertising and landscape for nearly a hundred years.
Where to find 4×5″ used film cameras? Since some of these cameras were mostly used in the past, until the 1960’s, it should be no problem in finding them in American auction web sites. Anyway, a good used 4×5″ camera with lens can be found for less than four hundred US dollars.
As for the flat bed film scanner, one can find brand new ones for less than five hundred US dollars. Just make sure the scanner is able to scan film.
Author Guest: Roberto Sedycias – IT Consultant
Whenever purchasing a 4×5″ film camera, one should look for the following features: folds into a compact box, flexible bellows, lenses that can be easily interchanged, accepts sheet film, ground glass focusing screen, easily handheld and optical viewfinder accessory.
As for the lenses, there are four main categories: 1 – general purposes; 2 – wide field (mostly used for close up work and landscape); 3 – extreme wide angles lenses; 4 – special effects lenses (telephoto). However, one might use a general purpose 127 or 152mm lens for most of his photograph sessions. In cases where it requires special lenses, such as architecture or macro photography, one will still find lots of them available in auction sites. Used lenses for 4×5″ cameras made after World War II have excellent performances comparable to today’s modern lenses.
Whenever making a purchase of a 4×5″ camera make sure that: 1 – the bellows have no light leaks, 2 – the lens shutter works accurate at all speeds; 4 – the lens elements have no fungus and scratches of any kind; 4 – the focus is working properly between the ground glass and the film.
The option of using a 4×5″ film camera, together with a flat bed film scanner, for enlarging images with professional quality is viable and accessible. Cheaper than top digital cameras, the 4×5″ film camera offers better image quality and will always be updated in the future, maintaining its original value.
For those who wishes the very most detailed image enlargement, one can always use the 8×10″ film camera. Four times the physical film size of the 4×5″, this option offers so much film resolution that it is considered by many as the ultimate step for photo image enlargement.
Sometimes analog products deliver better results that its digital counterparts. If you are doing the job of enlarging photo images, you should give it a try with a 4×5″ camera. You might just surprise yourself. Finito
Preparing product design for highlight –
Style: Travel/Commuter Mug
You don’t have to give up a colorful, funny, or attractive design for the function of a top-notch travel mug. Zazzle’s commuter mugs feature a rubber-lined lid for a tight, spill-resistant seal, twist the lid to reveal the sip opening! So, take your favorite photo, monogram, pattern, or cool design with you on your new favorite mug.
Dimension: 3.5” diameter x 6.2″ h; 14-ounce capacity
Materials: Stainless steel body; plastic handle and base; rubber-lined plastic lid
Double-walled stainless steel helps will keep your drink of choice hot
Graphics and Patterns Exclusively by Poetic Pastries
Fashion moves with trends; no denying that. Each new season, ushers in a different look, a different feel. The sound can be deafening as stores clamor for our attention. Luckily, a favorite of ours makes the cut, year after year, the ever popular t-shirt. Poetic Pastries graphic prints for t-shirts, clothing and accessories are created to give you a voice. The studio’s popular statement pieces; pre-made fashions as well as digital downloads (for our DIY gurus), are ready for your custom touch.
Clothing designs created by the studio also encompass patriotic, faith and sports themes; all favorite fashion choices for men. Beyond the venue of t-shirts, Poetic Pastries textile graphics work well for masculine go to pieces such as sweatshirts, hoodies, ball jerseys, polo shirts and sport sweats. We also offer ‘occupational’ and ‘world’s best’ clothing lines. Personalize your selection with a name; and you have the perfect gift to give or to receive.
Youth (i.e. children’s clothing), as well babies, are not forgotten in Poetic Pastries collection. High quality rendering of the studio’s art assures your selected graphic will transfer seamlessly from infant to toddler and beyond. Apparel created for age appropriate wear, means no more frustration or confusion when dressing your children.
Finding something truly special and unique to you – along with fashion accessories to match, has never been so easy or affordable.
1) The Special Day – everything, yes everything hinges on “The Day”. If you select a spring wedding, allow for rain; summer’s contenders may be oppressive heat, autumn dates are subject to blustery billows of mayhem and winter weddings can become frozen nuptial popsicles. ~~~ Date selections can be based on romantic “first met moments” or practical options, such as planning around work. ~~~ Talk openly and honestly with your partner and wedding planning participants. Brainstorm resolutions for any possible contentions your selected date may bring. If your budget allows for heated tents in a snow covered forest; then go ahead with that dream winter wedding.
2) Get to Know Your Vendors – As weddings become increasingly more detailed, the introduction of wedding planners has risen to the ranks as a must have. Planners should be interviewed by you and you should feel completely comfortable with their persona, methodologies and styles. As with ‘project managers’ in construction, a good wedding planner will be your go to person for almost everything. Keep in mind, a great wedding planner will give you the opportunity to meet with each vendor providing services on your special day. The choice to meet them is yours, but you should be encouraged to do so.
Your instincts play a pivotal role in these meetings. Do you feel you are being treated with respect? How is the communication and rapport between your wedding planner, yourself and the vendor? Did they come to the meeting prepared? Did they take superfluous phone calls in your presence? ~~~ As the process progresses, you want to know that Joe’s Linens is going to be committed to delivering the crisp white linens you chose rather than Pereolli’s Eatery fire red tablecloths and napkins (don’t ask!!)
3) Speaking of Color – Weddings instantly evoke imagery; imagery filled with our personal color preferences. Determining the palette for your special day should include several factors. ~~~ What are the surrounding natural colors of your venue? Keep in mind fixed items like flooring, wall color etc. Are you striving to compliment or contrast? How well does the preferred color wave look in the venue’s lighting? Take into account the size, shape and layout of your venue. ~~~ If you and your beloved can decide wholeheartedly on one thing, such as flower COLOR, wedding invitation COLOR, bridal party COLOR, linen COLOR, etc then let that selection be your building block; the foundation for each item after – by doing so, the overwhelming options which present themselves will instantly be narrowed; allowing you to be stress free.
4) Venue – the origin of the word comes from the late 16th century (denoting a thrust or bout in fencing; also in the Law sense): from Old French, literally ‘a coming’, feminine past participle of venir ‘come’ from Latin venire. Oh my! (another blog post in it’s own right!) Basically a venue is your chosen spot/facility/house or barn/field/boat (or planet, perhaps, one day) where you have decided to hold your wedding day.
Getting the right ‘vibe’ or ‘feel’ is largely relies on your venue. A disco themed costume wedding, filled with ’80’s music and glittering dance balls probably will not embrace an ancient cathedral. Be aware of contrasting and complimentary options. Certain interplay of styles can be carried off marvelously; such as farmhouse glam. ~~~ Style dichotomy aside; be practical and assure the number of guests attending can be comfortably accommodated. Give thought to accessibility; for your vendors and deliveries, also.
5) Makeup, Hair, Shoes, Dress, Jewels – Bride, know thy self. Leave the fairytale Cinderella styles at the castle gate if you are a bohemian farm girl. In turn, do not acquiesce to the vestiges modern haute couture if you pine for billows of lace and tulle. Trends are meant to inspire; they should never become mandates. From your hairstyle to your choices in footwear; make sure you are comfortable! When you look in the mirror, do you see someone else? If so, you are on the wrong fashion path. You should be seeing the best vision of YOU. Sizing, sizing, sizing – let that repeat in your head like ‘Marcia, Marcia, Marcia’! Fashion designers around the world agree; no matter the measurements of a woman, a properly fitted garment can make her look stunning.
Shoes, (ok, Poetic Pastries could write an entire blog on shoes – but I digress …) Challenge yourself to wear those 3 inch heels at home for as long as your wedding day event(s) will actually be. If you can’t stand the atmospheric pressure, it may be wise to opt for something more comfortable. Changing your shoes, regardless of whether or not you change into a reception outfit is perfectly acceptable.
Makeup is not synonymous with being made-up. The individual who ‘styles’ you on your blessed day, should allow the glow of your happiness to radiate without masking. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” said Coco Chanel. For makeup to be effective it must be adeptly applied. Makeup should echo your quirks, it should camouflage only when absolutely necessary and always flatter. Experiment with makeup and hairstyles long before the wedding day, this is not the time for surprises. Narrow down your choices even further when your wedding gown is chosen. Best practices are to literally dress the part from top to bottom. You can get pre-wedding photographs taken or simply check mirrors (360 and magnification). Be the best of you – and smile! ~~~ Jewels ~ if you love them, go for it; but remember you aren’t playing the role of a glitter bomb. Tasteful bits of sparkle and bling should add to the radiance illuminating your face. Anything more will distract from the total package of bridal wow-ness you have strived to achieve.
6) Flowers – My dear friend is a florist by trade. Her floral masterpieces are SWOON worthy. She states, regrettably, brides to be, often put off the florist as the last vendor. The problems and costs this creates can be reduced, if the wedding flower selection begins early. It goes without saying, if you show up a week before your wedding on Valentine’s day and want your local florist to deliver dozens upon dozens of roses … you will be competing with men everywhere! (we hope, anyway lol) But, if in the fall the previous year, you made arrangements to have these flowers, your florist would happily amend their ordering quantity; allowing both you and Mr Abernathy to bask in the sweet aroma of blooming roses.
Another professional tip; florists delight in seeing brides bring inspiration with them; if you have selected anything at this point, i.e. color palette, invitations, dresses etc – bring them. More and more brides are saving ‘pins’ and creating Pinterest boards. It is perfectly acceptable to share these ideas with your florist (this recommendation applies to every vendor).
7) Papier, Ephemera, Invitations – Modern times have incorporated a plethora of stationery designed specifically for weddings and surrounding events (engagement announcements, wedding planners, save-the-date cards, wedding invitations, rsvp cards, table numbers, placeholders – nametags for seating, bulletins, memory cards, guest books, thank you cards; are but a few). These paper gems should reflect the essence of your wedding day style. Our wedding invitations and other event papier are thoughtfully designed; couples can be be confident each Poetic Pastries Studio selection they make, represents their personality, from fonts to form … colors to collections; your wedding, your way!
8) Music and Seating – If you aren’t going to be happy with Pereolli’s linens, daresay their choice in heritage Italian bands is not going to meet the needs of your Gaelic inspired festivities. Know your niche, talk to the musical group’s representative. Listen to them play your chosen instrumentals or hear them sing your special event songs; BEFORE the wedding. Wrong song, wrong name, crooned to the wrong person. Don’t let your wedding day be hit with the blues of a bumpy note.
Now, that you have corralled the tunes; let’s take a moment to talk about guest seating. Not every family has a Hatfield and McCoy scenario, but there may be a cousin or sibling who has issues with another; or perhaps a divided/separated/divorced set of guests will be attending. Keep apprised as much as possible to the underlying facets of your family’s relationships. Nuance the seating for all aspects of the event, shower parties, rehearsal(s), the wedding day and the reception. During these activities, play your role as the gracious hostess bride; by visiting with your guests, moving about, outwardly carefree, you will be able keep your eyes and ears open – should anything be simmering on the surface; you now have created the opportunity to squelch it – asap.
9) Be Honest – Relay to your wedding planner or/and any vendor(s) your honest assessment/opinion/capability/willingness regarding budget. The detrimental impact of over spending on a wedding can last for months (if not longer); it can cause a rift between the newly wed couple or tension within families. No bride and groom want to return from their honeymoon with a stack of bills; a fiscally mis-managed wedding is not a good start. Comprise and frugality are not four letter words.
10) Say No – With your joyful day being the buzz, endless well wishers will be offering tips, (like Poetic Pastries Studio)! Our goal, (including your beloved dear old Uncle Ed’s) is to share, what we believe, is helpful information. Dispensed in the hopes you can create the wedding of your dreams. But, Uncle Ed’s idea of having bbq whilst you are adorned in your ivory ensemble, may not be to your liking. Ever so graciously ‘thank” each person who has made your upcoming day the hot topic; listen to them in all earnest. Savor the caring. Choose those insights which your stir soul. For those that are less than appetizing; you need not indulge.
11) Thank You – The tide subsides; the wedding day will have come and gone. You and your beloved are now looking at wedding photos; placing heartfelt gifts throughout your new abode. The wedding clock rings the hour of ‘gratitude’. Take this precious moment and write a thank you to Uncle Ed. “Dear Uncle Ed, thank you for being a part of our special day! We also wanted to tell you how much we appreciated your wedding bbq idea. You will be pleased to know that our first dinner party will be a bbq; inspired by you!” …. Poetic Pastries Studio believes kindness is a gift that costs nothing but one which lingers a lifetime. Ponder these words written in 1876 by English Professor Westlake “Take pains; write as plainly and neatly as possible; rapidly if you can, slowly if you must. Good writing affects us sympathetically, giving us a higher appreciation both of what is written and of the person who wrote it. Don’t say, ‘I haven’t time to be so particular’ Take time or else write fewer letters and shorter ones.” Thank you cards act as a sweetener to the souls of both the sender and the recipient. We believe that etiquette should be a must; never an after thought.
Subscribe to Poetic Pastries; future tips for Wedding Day Success will continue.